Motor Home Insurance
What to Look for in a Motor Home Insurance Policy
|“An auto policy is good enough for my Motor Home.”||Most auto policies don’t cover personal items carried in a Motor Home. Most don’t include liability insurance when the Motor Home is parked and used as a residence. Most do not cover attached accessories like awnings, antennas, roof-top air conditioners and satellite dishes. And most don’t cover expenses for lodging or traveling home if you can’t stay in your Motor Home because of a covered loss. Motor Home insurance provides all of these benefits.|
|“A Motor Home is essentially the same thing as a private passenger auto.”||Actually, there are enormous differences. How many cars carry 100 pounds of LP gas, 300 gallons of water and up to 200 gallons of wastewater while they’re traveling down the road? How many cars have refrigerators, sleeping quarters and bathroom facilities? How many cars have built-in ovens or other facilities for open-flame cooking? If you insure you Motor Home with us, you’ll be getting the specialized coverage specific to RVs.|
|“My homeowners policy will cover all my personal property on the road.”||Most Auto policies don’t include comprehensive coverage for personal belongings, and Homeowners policies typically place strict limits on off-premises coverage and require a sizable deductible to be paid first. Motor Home insurance provides comprehensive coverage for personal belongs, and in most cases doesn’t require a deductible.|
|“An insurance policy won’t help me if my Motor Homes breaks down.”||
Some Insurance companies offer TraveLine® towing and roadside assistance for today’s RVers. If your motor home is disabled anywhere in the US or Canada, you can call the toll-free TraveLine® number for towing or roadside help. Motor Home insurance also includes high limits to cover the towing or servicing of larger RVs, and a “sign and drive” privilege that covers towing or roadside assistance expenses on the spot.
Specialized Motor Home Insurance Coverage
Your RV is more than just an automobile and it needs more than standard car insurance.
Coverage Included With Your Policy
- Comprehensive Coverage for protection from just about any direct, sudden, and accidental loss, including: collision, fire, smoke, flood, landslide, hail, windstorm, animals, vandalism, low branches or overhangs, theft and lightning.
- Coverage for Attached Accessories, including awnings, satellite dishes and TV antennas.
- Total Loss Replacement Coverage protects your motor home from the effects of depreciation. If your new-model motor home is destroyed within its first five years, we’ll pay to replace it with a brand new one of similar kind and quality – no matter what it costs. In years six through ten, we’ll give you up to what you paid for it originally toward the purchase of another motor home. This option can save you literally thousands of dollars when compared to typical auto policies, which pay only the Actual Cash Value (ACV) of your motor home at the time it’s destroyed. ACV is the current value of your motor home.
- Emergency Expenses Coverage that pays for lodging or travel home if your rig is damaged or destroyed by a covered loss more than 50 miles from home.
- Campsite/Vacation Liability Coverage provides liability coverage when you are parked and using your motor home as a residence.
- Replacement Cost Coverage on personal belongings that are destroyed or stolen.
- TraveLine® Towing and Roadside Assistance eliminates the hassle of buying a separate towing plan. Towing, jump starts, roadside service, flat tire changes, fuel delivery, and locksmith services are just a toll-free phone call away. There are no out-of-pocket payments required, either. Just sign and drive. What’s more, your motor home is covered regardless of who is driving!
- Full-Timer Coverage provides liability protection very similar to a homeowners policy. While an auto policy will only provide liability protection when you are using your motor home as a vehicle, a Full-Timer policy covers you when you are parked and using your rig as a residence, too.